Welcome to my practice and thank you for the opportunity to be involved in your care. I have worked as a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist since 2009, having started my medical life as a rural General Practitioner working in many rural and regional areas of New South Wales such as Goulburn, Orange, Moree, Mudgee, Lismore and Coffs Harbour. During my first training post as a General Practitioner I was able to work in obstetrics and gynaecology and it was from that point onwards my interest and experience developed and led me to become a specialist.
My specialist training was quite broad and this coupled with my General Practitioner background usually means that most situations can be dealt with efficiently, quickly and correctly and with input from outside sources only where particular expertise is required and not as a matter of routine.
I am married with 4 children (a daughter and 3 sons – including identical twins!). My wife and I have first-hand experience with secondary infertility, miscarriage, IVF, natural birth, cesarean section, multiple birth and the joy (and difficulties) of pregnancy.
Since 2012 I have sacrificed a portion of the patient fees from this private practice to build and fund the Mother Ignacia Hospital in the poverty-stricken town of Soe in West Timor. My patients have effectively donated a portion of their expenses to the hospital, rather than to me, raising over $1.6 million to fund the hospital, maternity wing and births. Over 44,000 patients have been through the Mother Ignacia Hospital in Soe since it opened in 2016. Learn more
In 2021 I was awarded the Order of Australia Medal (OAM) and chosen as a Nominee for the ACT Australian of the Year 2022 for my service to medicine and to the community of West Timor.
- 2021Nominee for the ACT Australian of the Year 2022
- 2021Received Order of Australia Medal (OAM) for his contribution to medicine in West Timor
- 2015Master Of Womens Health Medicine (MWomHMed) University of NSW
- 2011Master of Reproductive Medicine (MRMed) University of NSW
- 2009Fellowship of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- 2006Fellowship of Advanced Rural General Practice
- 2003Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- 2002Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- 2001Advanced Diploma Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- 2000Graduate Diploma of Rural General Practice (Anaesthetics)
- 1999Diploma Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- 1995Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Sydney